In The Beak Midwinter
CRASH is a charity that assists homelessness and hospice charities with construction related projects, creating places that care for people. CDP has supported CRASH for several years with donations generated from our own Christmas Cryptic Pop Quiz.
Devise, write and animate an e-Christmas Card to help the charity raise money as part of their “CRASHmas’ campaign.
- Create a new animation to reflect what CRASH represents with the right tone and feel for Christmas
- CRASH’s patrons and supporters would be able to use a branded, on-line version of this animation, making donations in lieu of buying Christmas cards
- Animation to be about 1 minute in length
- Supply a finished version with soundtrack for CRASH to host on their server
- The Chief Executive likes Robins!
After storyboarding and content was agreed with the CRASH team, we used Cinema 4D to build up the animation, firstly in ‘wireframe’ format, then adding colour, texture and lighting. For the finished animation we recorded a local student’s piano rendition of the Gustav Holst carol, with a slightly jazzy feel, and re-named it ‘In The Beak Midwinter’.
The e-Christmas was seen as a great success by CRASH and their patrons and supporters. An integral part of the CRASHmas campaign, which to date has raised over £66K